Custom Search

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rooney - best player in England national team in 2008


As reported by BBC, 23-year-old striker "Manchester United" Wayne Rooney was named the best player the fans of English team in 2008. The survey was conducted on the official site of Football Association of England and Wayne ahead of Gareth Barry from Aston Villa and Theo Wolcott from Arsenal. Rooney received the award after the double in the friendly match with Team Slovakia in last Saturday, which ended in victory for the British with the score 4-0. Forward the "red devils" has scored 21 goal in the national team, and the next match on Wednesday against the Ukrainian national team has become for him the 50 th game in the "three lions". But Wayne is not going to rest on its laurels. "I want to win as many trophies, play as many matches and score as many goals. When I end a career, I can look back on their accomplishments, but until I play, I do not want to look back, I just want to go to the new objectives ", - said Wayne on the official FA website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search